Monday, September 13, 2010

Unforgettable


Many say your 21st is a night filled with regrets. In my case this isn't true. Sure my 21st weekend was filled with crazy antics but none of which I regret, as they made it memorable.

It was definitely the best birthday I have ever had. Filled with good friends, good music & lots of alcohol.

It started with lengthy team lunch from work. With no intention of heading back we made the most of an afternoon off, ordering wine after wine, then came the cock tales, then came the shots. As 5:30 hit, we headed back to the office with intentions of grabbing the rest of the crew to head to the pub. There I was showered with love and surprises. Everyone gathered for speeches and toasts, I was presented with a very generous gift and a special birthday card filled with birthday messages.
Best of all, my desk had been covered in foil as a surpise. It was just too good to keep to myself so I had to share it with you guys. See below:

The night was then followed by a surprise Ice-Cream cake at the pub, being peer pressed into drinking from a shoe (it's as gross as it sounds), then came the waves of passing out.

To get some quick shut eye I convinced myself that a sleep at work would do wonders (the things you can convince yourself of when drunk).
First I passed out at reception, then I passed out on the upstairs couch, feeling like I needed to puke, I made my way to the bathroom. Surprise, surprise I passed out on the floor of the mens bathroom.
I was then woken up about an hour later by some work colleagues, who made me puke in the sink, then took me back to the pub to finish the night. With all the alcohol out of my system, I was up for round 2.

Definitely a 21st, I will never forget.

2 comments:

  1. I know that desk - looking good mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, happy belated 21st B-Day... just over 5 years now. And a happy of happiest B-Day coming up, and I hope it makes you truly glad to be alive. I also had a great 21st, waking up to having over 18 trees in front of my parents home toilet papered *I was home for a party from uni. My parents were so cool that they didn't have me clean up the mess... they had the gardening staff clean it up *and I know they gave them bonuses cause we're talking huge trees, lots if t-p, etc heh-heh-heh*.

    ReplyDelete