Monday, November 30, 2009

Zombieland


I got preview tickets to see Zombieland tonight on George St, and my initial thoughts as I sat down were, great another zombie movie. But I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Great movie, I laughed my ass off the whole time. Sure its gory, so I'm going to categorize this as a horror-comedy movie. The total number of cast member in this movie is 7 so it really relies on the actors and this combination of a very unlikely group works perfectly. A beefed up macho man, nerdy virgin, 12 year old girl and a smoking hot chick make their way across America in hopes to find some oasis free from Zombies. The movie if full of physical comedy, one liners and ass-kicking action.


The movie follows a set of rules on how to survive in Zombieland, and these rules are cleverly brought up throughout the whole movie. Another clever thing held up throughout the film is that none uses their names, but rather the areas they are from. Even the imaginary hookup is named after Beverly Hills.


Bill Murray's appearance is golden. I don't like him as an actor but he was hilarious in this. I won't spoil too much about this but its classic.

If the zombies were as hot as the guy below I would have no problem letting them bite me.

No comments:

Post a Comment